Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lego and a cool marketing stunt


Today my all time favorite toy was in the media, a giant Lego man was washed ashore to a beach in Netherlands. In press the word is that "no one knows where it came from" and that the Lego man is a great mystery.

On the Lego man's back there is a text "Ego Leonard" which happens to be the name of a website, egoleonard.com. The site is in dutch so I don't really know what it is about, but apparently the giant Lego man has visited dance festivals in the past.

Anyway, this is the perfect PR stunt, and the Lego man is all over the web. I'd love to come up with a similar idea and get my own 15 minutes of Internet fame! But when I do, I certainly will have an English translation of my website ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he swam away from Dance Valley 2007:

http://xfiquet.free.fr/dv07/pages/image/imagepage11.html