Monday, August 27, 2007

Why I like Rebtel, Jajah, EQO and their likes!

I get a few recommendations on different voip operators now that I've written a couple of posts on web2.0 voip services. And I am impressed of both services and the ideas that companies as Rebtel, Jajah and EQO offers! I think like this:


  • If it's possible, I want to do all my communication with my cellphone. I love java applications since it adds value to my cellphone usage, and also because the mobile browser is really crappy (well opera is pretty good, but my experience is that custom written java apps for mobiles is far better than a mobile web page).
  • A unique number for every contact, that I can store in my ordinary contact list is the best way to make me happy!
  • If mobile phones is not an option, or way more expensive than landlines, I'm willing to use my land line
  • I think it's great to use web applications to set my preferences - It's easier that way than on a cellphone. Every tool should be used for what it's best at.
  • I'm willing to use web applications to place calls if the price is much lower than that I get with a service where I don't have to use the web service.
  • I like widgets where I can make it possible for people to reach me, without giving them my real phone number.
  • I expect pretty OK sound quality from my calls.
  • I don't want to download any new applications to my computer. Remember, I'm a web2.0 guy believing in the web application revolution. Actually, a downloadable executable will actually stop me from trying a service.
  • I don't want to call with my computer. That means I need extra gadgets like headphones and microphones - I already have a phone for that.
  • Value adding features are a great plus. A nice example of this is the Facebook app from Rebtel.
  • I don't care about text message services
  • Open API's would be cool - imagine all 3rd party solutions that would be created for you! But I haven't seen that yet.
  • Ok, I lied about downloadable executables. I would try an app if it was an Adobe Air app.


What do you think? How do you think when it comes to services like these?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like Jajah, you'll love www.zoippe.com

Chris said...

We like you too:) Thanks for sharing your preferences in this great post. We have some cool stuff in the works that addresses some of the points we don't already cover. I hope you'll keep your eye on us.

Cheers,

Chris
EQO Customer Evangelist
www.eqo.com

Dave4Red said...

Just thought I'd stop by and say hi!
Dave

Anonymous said...

You've made some really great points here. Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Maja said...

Well, I think that you think just like we do at Rebtel. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i checked about rebtel.com and read some guides and comments and start using it .I think it is cheap and easy to use.