Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SonyEricsson, please let me customize my mobile!

I'm a big fan of Mobile2.0, I love testing new mobile [java] applications and I've even found a few of them really useful (Earth Beta, Gmail, Opera Mini and Widsets),.
I'm convinced that the future of the Internet is mobile.

I've tried a few different phones and for some reason ended up with a SonyEricsson Z610i. It's a phone of nice quality and it has pretty good features.

But what are SonyEricsson up to when it comes to customization?
When I install a new Java applet, I want to be able to make a direct shortcut to it and I want to be able to use any java applet as contact manager. Why isn't this possible?
Now my best choice is to make a shortcut to the program folder, and I end up with 6 clicks before reaching my favorite java application.

When I'm at it, I also want to be able to make my java application settings permanent so I don't get the "Do you give the program permission to communicate with the Internet" every time I start a program.

Anyone know how it works on Nokia or other phones?

No comments: