Saturday, June 23, 2007

Segway revised


There's been an outrage about my post about Segways the other night. I claimed that Segways are for geeks but lots of people where upset.

Carlyle in Minnesota wrote: "I don't know what you're talking about, where I live the in-crowd all use Segways - You can do stunts with them, you can pimp them and here it's common to go cruising the city on them. [...] Segways are girlmagnets!"

Neil in Texas is equally angry: "I use them all the time while hunting. It's the best thing that happened to hunting since the rifle. It's quiet and fast, you can sneek up on a bear or a deer in notime, they don't stand a chance when I come driving on my segway. Also, the built in stabilisation system makes it easy for me to aim while driving. [...] Do geeks hunt? I don't think so."

A guy called Peter states "Segways are cool and I've got the proof. Watch this youtube-video. It's an extreme sport vehicle, just like the beach buggy, or a skateboard. I wouldn't be surprised if Segways are included in next years X-games, and X-games are cool."



After reading all your comments and watching the daredevils in the video, I agree. Segway aren't just for geeks, they are functional for cool people as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Segway is great for older people too, you know. I think it's unfair that the geek community claims products as "theirs" all the time.
Other people want to use Segways too!